Change log for March 17, 2020 Vulkan 1.2.135 spec update:
- Update release number to 135 for this update.
- Add missing dependencies of slink:VkExportMemoryWin32HandleInfoKHR on
slink:VkExportMemoryAllocateInfo in the slink:VkMemoryAllocateInfo
pname:pNext chain; slink:VkExportFenceWin32HandleInfoKHR on
slink:VkExportFenceCreateInfo in the slink:VkFenceCreateInfo pname:pNext
chain; and slink:VkExportSemaphoreWin32HandleInfoKHR on
slink:VkExportSemaphoreCreateInfo in the slink:VkSemaphoreCreateInfo
pname:pNext chain (public issue 1095).
- Update the <> section of the SPIR-V environment appendix to allow the
code:PhysicalStorageBuffer64 addressing model (public issue 1199).
- Fix markup in parameters section of
flink:vkGetPhysicalDeviceXcbPresentationSupportKHR (public pull request
- Amend rules in the <> section of the style guide to allow other Khronos APIs such as
OpenCL to reserve vendor IDs here so they can be shared with those APIs
(public KhronosGroup/OpenCL-Docs pull request 203).
- Clarify layer loading order for slink:VkInstanceCreateInfo and in the
<> chapter following the specification
of slink:VkLayerProperties (internal issue 1986).
- Simplify markup for SPIR-V versions required by different Vulkan
versions in the <> appendix
(internal issue 2011).
- Rename sname:VkQueryPoolCreateInfoINTEL to
slink:VkQueryPoolPerformanceQueryCreateInfoINTEL in the
<<VK_INTEL_performance_query>>extension (internal issue 2022).
- Add ename:VK_VALIDATION_FEATURE_ENABLE_DEBUG_PRINTF_EXT to
elink:VkValidationFeatureEnableEXT to specify that layers will process
code:debugPrintfEXT operations (internal issue 2023).
- Fix conflicting language in slink:VkSamplerYcbcrConversionCreateInfo
valid usage statement 01653 (internal merge request 3629).
- Add missing valid usage statement for slink:VkSparseImageMemoryBindInfo
to require slink:VkImage objects created with the
ename:VK_IMAGE_CREATE_SPARSE_RESIDENCY_BIT flag set (internal merge
- Remove redundant valid usage statement 00122 from flink:vkCmdCopyImage
(internal merge request 3643).
- Fix several places where
VULKAN_1_1was used in asciidoctor
conditional markup instead of
VK_VULKAN_1_1(internal merge request
- Fix conditional markup around slink:VkImageViewCreateInfo valid usage
statement 01018 to ensure it doesn’t overlap a similar valid usage
statement written for another combination of enabled extensions and
versions (internal merge request 3655).
- Remove redundant valid usage statement from flink:vkCmdCopyImage that
was already covered by statements for slink:VkImageCopy. Eventually this
will be inverted so the statements are located with flink:vkCmdCopyImage
but that requires more work and is deferred (internal merge request
- Clarify wording of slink:VkImageMemoryBarrier valid usage statement
01671 and add a missing statement (internal merge request 3657).
- Minor fixes to the style guide to bring it up to date with respect to
the asciidoctor client, assignment of valid usage ID tags, and proper
placement of valid usage statements (internal merge request 3662).
- Add missing valid usage statements to slink:VkSubpassDescription2 based
on comparable statements for slink:VkSubpassDescription (internal merge
- Ray Tracing package of extensions, including
VK_NVX_device_generated_commands, which was an experimental vendor
extension and has been removed from the Specification and