Mesa 20.1.0 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 20.1.1.
Mesa 20.1.0 implements the OpenGL 4.6 API, but the version reported by glGetString(GL_VERSION) or glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION) / glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used. Some drivers don’t support all the features required in OpenGL 4.6. OpenGL 4.6 is only available if requested at context creation. Compatibility contexts may report a lower version depending on each driver.
Mesa 20.1.0 implements the Vulkan 1.2 API, but the version reported by the apiVersion property of the VkPhysicalDeviceProperties struct depends on the particular driver being used.
- GL_ARB_compute_variable_group_size on i965.
- GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test on Iris.
- GL_EXT_texture_shadow_lod on radeonsi, nvc0.
- GL_NV_alpha_to_coverage_dither_control on radeonsi
- GL_NV_copy_image on all gallium drivers.
- GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object on all gallium drivers, i915, i965, swrast.
- GL_NV_viewport_array2 on nvc0 (GM200+).
- GL_NV_viewport_swizzle on nvc0 (GM200+).
- VK_AMD_memory_overallocation_behavior on RADV.
- VK_KHR_shader_non_semantic_info on Intel, RADV.
- GL_EXT_draw_instanced on gles2
- VK_KHR_8bit_storage for ACO on GFX8+
- VK_KHR_16bit_storage for ACO on GFX8+ (storageInputOutput16 is still unsupported)
- shaderInt16 for ACO on GFX9+
- VK_KHR_shader_float16_int8 for ACO on GFX8+ (shaderFloat16 is still unsupported)
- VK_EXT_robustness2 on Intel, RADV.
- Add Rocket Lake (RKL) support on anvil and iris.